Notification: The Learning Center
HP is enhancing your learning experience with easier ways to find, register and launch HP training content. While we update our systems, The Learning Center is unavailable from July 31-August 09 (US Central Time). Please visit The Learning Center again on August 10 to enjoy the new experience.
This exam verifies that you know the market trends, business drivers, and customer challenges associated with the high-level data protection. It validates that you can articulate how HP addresses these challenges, through compelling value propositions that deliver business and IT value, recognize the market demands and challenges specific to the backup and recovery of an enterprise data center, of remote and branch office data and mobile and personal data, and are able to explain how HP addresses these demands and challenges.
Who should take this exam?
This exam is for sales professionals who want to validate that they have attained the level of knowledge required to sell HP Autonomy Data Protection solutions. They look forward to assessing and improving their capabilities in understanding of customers, qualifying and validating opportunities and developing and proposing solutions in the Data Protection space.
It is recommended that you have six months of experience in positioning and selling data protection, backup and recovery solutions.
This exam has 40 questions.
Here are types of questions to expect:
- Multiple choice (multiple responses)
- Multiple choice (single response)
Tips for taking this exam
This exam assess whether you have the knowledge and skills needed to position, promote and propose in house (Enterprise) Data Protection and Cloud or Service based (SaaS) HP Autonomy Data Protection solutions. Therefore, many test items may present a scenario which outlines a particular customer pain point or challenge.
Take the time to read the entire question and consider all of the options carefully before you answer. If the question indicates that it features an exhibit, study the exhibit and reread the question. Make sure to select the answer that correctly responds to the question that is asked — not simply an answer that includes some correct information.
If the question asks for more than one answer, remember to select each correct answer. You will not receive partial credit for a partially correct answer.
This exam validates that you can successfully perform the following:
Understand the Customer: Identify and acknowledge a customer’s business need for the purpose of identifying a potential opportunity.
- Identify the common business challenges associated with Data Protection.
- Identify the common business challenges specific to Backup and Recovery of an Enterprise Data Center.
- Identify the common business challenges specific to Backup and Recovery of Remote and Branch Office data.
- Identify the common business challenges specific to Backup and Recovery of personal and mobile data.
- Identify and understand the major IT processes, base terms and metrics involved in Backup and Recovery.
- Identify the customer demographic that would be targeted for an in house (Enterprise) Data Protection discussion.
- Identify the customer demographic that would be targeted for a Cloud or Service based (SaaS) Data Protection discussion.
- Identify and describe the key customer personas and their responsibilities involved in Data Protection.
- Identify and describe the key customer personas and their responsibilities involved in Backup and Recovery.
- Articulate the key HP value statements that will resonate with the different personas involved in Data Protection.
- Articulate the key HP value statements which will resonate with the different personas involved in Backup and Recovery
Validate and Qualify the opportunity: Validate the fit of a potential HP Solution with customer business needs/decide to pursue or not pursue based customer and HP decision criteria.
- Describe how HP Autonomy addresses the customers’ challenges relating to Data Protection.
- Describe how HP Software addresses the specific customers’ challenges relating to Backup and Recovery.
- Describe the value proposition for HP Software's Data Protection solutions.
- Recognize and list the discovery questions in order to uncover the customer's critical Data Protection issues.
- Recognize and list the discovery questions relevant to uncover specific Backup and Recovery pain points.
- List the key questions to qualify a Data Protection opportunity.
- List the key questions to qualify a Backup and Recovery opportunity.
- List and describe logical linkages from customer problems to HP Data Protection capabilities.
Develop & Propose: Develop the proposed solution with the customer to address their business needs and present the final solution to the customer, which addresses their business needs.
- Describe the key capabilities of HP's Data Protection solutions that help customers achieve their goals.
- Identify the differentiators when discussing the capabilities of HP Software's Backup and Recovery solutions.
- Describe the key use cases that are addressed by HPSW's Data Protection solutions.
- List the major Data Protection competitors and understand what differentiates HP Software’s approach to business challenge from that competitor.
- List the major Backup and Recovery competitors and understand what differentiates HP Software’s approach to business challenge from that competitor.
- Identify the most effective responses to Data Protection customer objections.
- Identify up-sell/cross-sell & portfolio linkages for Backup and Recovery solutions.
- Describe the key return-on-investment metrics for Data Protection.
Join the conversation