Notification: The Learning Center
HP will be enhancing your learning experience with easier ways to find, register and launch HP training content. In order to update our systems, The Learning Center will be unavailable from July 31-August 09 (US Central Time). Please note these dates as you plan for training and certification exams in compliance with requirements for PartnerOne and other HP partner programs.
|| Web-Based online exam used in certifications
||1 hour 10 minutes
These recommended courses help you prepare for the exam:
Register for this Exam
You will need an HP Learner ID
and a Pearson VUE login and password.
No online or hard copy reference material will be allowed at the testing site. This exam may contain beta test items for experimental purposes.
This exam validates that you know the SaaS market and drivers, the SaaS customer profile and pain points and the HP standing in the SaaS market. It verifies that you can validate, qualify, and develop an HP Software as a Service opportunity; and turn it into a closed deal, and can then recognize and pursue the resulting cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
Who should take this exam?
This exam is for sales professionals who want to validate that they have attained the level of knowledge required to sell HP Software as a Service solutions. They look forward to assessing and improving their capabilities in understanding of customers; qualifying and validating opportunities; and developing and proposing solutions leveraging the portfolio of SaaS IT Management solutions that addresses all key responsibilities of the IT organization in an enterprise: Build, Operate, Secure, and Analyze.
It is recommended that you have six months of experience in positioning and selling IT Management software solutions.
This exam has 45 questions.
Here are types of questions to expect:
- Multiple choice (multiple responses)
- Multiple choice (single response)
Tips for taking this exam
This exam assesses whether you have the knowledge and skills that are required to sell HP Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions. Therefore, many test items relate to the HP Customer Driven Sales Methodology (CDSM) that defines the standard structure and framework to support the HP selling process
Take the time to read the entire question and consider all of the options carefully before you answer. If the question indicates that it features an exhibit, study the exhibit and reread the question. Make sure to select the answer that correctly responds to the question that is asked — not simply an answer that includes some correct information.
If the question asks for more than one answer, remember to select each correct answer. You will not receive partial credit for a partially correct answer.
This exam validates that you can successfully perform the following:
Section 1. Understand the Customer: SaaS Market and Drivers
- Identify and describe SaaS Market and Drivers
- Outline the key attributes of an HP SaaS solution in a client setting
- Articulate HP's standing in the SaaS market; approx. revenues, growth, proportion of channel revenues
- Identify and describe the SaaS Customer profile and key pain points
Section 2. Develop Solution, Validate and Qualify:
- Identify and outline the scope of the HP SaaS offerings (Centres, SaaS-only offerings, License+SaaS offerings)
- Articulate the differences between SaaS Comprehensive and Service Only offerings
- Illustrate the characteristics of HP SaaS: SLA, Security, construct
Section 3. Develop Solution
- Summarize the responsibilities associated with Partner Led Offerings
- Demonstrate awareness of environment, infrastructure and SaaS deployment considerations; integration matrix, migrations, etc.
- Compare and contrast license and subscription based pricing options
- Illustrate and articulate the contracting structure: terms and conditions, Data Sheets, Partner SoW
Section 4. Win and Expand
- Describe the Partner Success Manager role and how this relates to Partner offerings
- Delineate the Data Exchange with order and describe the provisioning process
- Illustrate the Process on Fulfilment
- Identify likely cross -sell opportunities
Join the conversation