|| Web-Based online exam used in certifications
||2 hours 55 minutes
These recommended courses help you prepare for the exam:
Register for this Exam
You will need an HP Learner ID
and a Pearson VUE login and password.
During the exam, you can make specific comments about the exam and items. HP welcomes these comments as part of our continuous improvement process.
This exam tests your skills on performance test management, design, execution and analysis with HP ALM and HP performance validation solutions and specifically with HP Performance Center 11.x Software.
Who should take this exam?
This exam is intended for technical consultants who demonstrate, build Proof of Concept, implement pilot projects and, working in large delivery teams under supervision of senior consultants, install, administer and operate Performance Center 11.5 to plan and execute load tests and performance validation.
Exams are based on an assumed level of industry-standard knowledge that may be gained from the training, hands-on experience, or other pre-requisite events.
This exam has 60 questions.
Here are types of questions to expect:
- Multiple choice (multiple responses)
- Multiple choice (single response)
Tips for taking this exam
You are not required to take the recommended, supported courses; and completion of training does not guarantee that you will pass the exam. HP strongly recommends a combination of training, thorough review of courseware and additional study references, and sufficient on the job experience prior to taking the exam.
This exam validates that you can successfully perform the following:
Performance Center Solution Overview
- Identify the business value of a PC solution: Describe the PC solution and its benefits; Describe PC key capabilities, and Contrast PC with Loadrunner.
- Describe the PC solution from a technical standpoint: Identify PC components and their roles/main purposes; Identify and describe applications that integrate with PC (VuGen, Analysis...); Identify the communication paths, protocols and ports in use between the PC components, and Describe sizing parameters and load factors for PC components.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Pre-Installation conditions: Identify generic installation preconditions; List required services; Identify Prerequisite Software, and Zdentify supported platforms.
Performance Center Installation and Configuration
- Describe the installation flow and how to install and configure the Performance Center Server and hosts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the pre-installation checklist/considerations.
- Describe the wizard-driven installation process and steps and explain/clarify options.
- Describe how to configure PC in Lab Management.
- Describe PC licenses and the license setting process, how to add PC hosts in Lab Management and how to install additional components.
- Identify additional components and describe how to install them.
- Identify steps and checks in the post-installation verification.
- Describe the workflow for a performance test.
- Describe PC configuration, tuning and customization options (security, topology, communication, connectivity).
- Describe the PC migration and upgrade rocess, preconditions and best practices.
Conduct a Performance Test with PC
- Describe how to create and add test assets: Configure project settings; Create projects that contain virtualized services; Upload
VuGen scripts, and Create monitor profiles to monitor your tests.
- Describe how to reserve a timeslot for performance testing.
- Describe how to design a performance test: Prerequisites; Create a new performance test; Design a workload for the test; Integrate virtualized services; Select a topology for the test; Select monitor profiles to monitor the test; Enable and configure diagnostics; Define service level agreements for the test, and Configure results settings.
- Describe how to run, monitor, and view results of the performance test: Describe the workflow for running a performance test, and the available options for managing the test run; Demonstrate knowledge of the Performance Test Execution User Interface; Describe how to set up the ALM Performance Center online monitoring environment; Identify online monitors categories and available runtime settings and describe how to configure them.
- Personalize Performance Center: Describe how to create a personalized view of performance testing features and Demonstrate knowledge of the My Performance Center User Interface.
- Describe Trend Reports, PAL and PAL flow.
Administer and Troubleshoot PC
- Identify prerequisites to administer PC.
- Describe how to perform initial Performance Center configuration.
- Demonstrate how to create Performance Center projects and define project settings.
- Describe how to manage and maintain Performance Center lab resources.
- Describe how to view and manage performance test runs.
- Describe Performance Center usage reports and how to access them.
- Describe the PC patch management capabilities.
- Describe how to manage Performance Center Servers, Components and Licenses.
- Describe how to maintain system health.
- Describe host security and communication settings and best practices.
- Configure general Performance Center settings.
- Identify and describe system maintenance tasks.
- Describe how to control user access to projects and modules.
- Describe installation potential issues and main troubleshooting techniques and tools.