|Exam type||Proctored exam taken at dedicated testing center|
|Exam duration||1 hour 55 minutes|
|Exam length||60 questions|
|Supporting courses||These recommended courses help you prepare for the exam|
You will need an HP Learner ID and a Pearson VUE login and password.
During the exam, you can make specific comments about the exam and items. HP welcomes these comments as part of our continuous improvement process.
No online or hard copy reference material will be allowed at the testing site. This exam may contain beta test items for experimental purposes.
You will need to demonstrate a clear understanding of the customer’s needs and reflect those needs in an accurate network design.
Who should take this exam?
Candidates are expected to have HP Networking product knowledge from training and hands-on experience.
Exam contentsThis exam has 60 questions. Here are types of questions to expect:
- Multiple choice (multiple responses)
- Multiple choice (single response)
- Pull down menu selection
Tips for taking this exam
- Network topology
This ExpertOne exam presents all the questions in a single block. The candidate agreement is presented first, followed by the exam introduction and instructions. Once you click the Next Question button on the instructions page, the questions will be presented one at a time. You can move from question to question within the block, skip questions, and change your answers. However, once you submit your answers, you cannot return to review those questions or change your answers.
Here are some additional tips:
- Use the Next Question / Previous Question buttons to move forward and backward between questions. The Submit button will appear when you reach the last question.
- Use the Assessment Navigator to jump between questions in a block and to review flagged questions. To do this, click the Assessment Navigator button and select the question you want to navigate to. Flagged questions are indicated above the item number in the upper left corner. The Assessment Navigator also uses different shading to indicate answered versus unanswered items.
- Use the Assessment Navigator to launch the calculator tool by clicking the Calculator button at the bottom.
Figure 1: Assessment Navigator
When you begin the exam the total number of questions (including beta questions) will display. The total exam time does account for beta questions. To estimate how much time you should allow per question, divide the total time by the number of questions. Some questions are more complex and will require more time. If a question is taking too much time, flag it using the Assessment Navigator, and then return to it later. Make sure you examine the exhibits, and thoroughly read each question and all options.
Networking architecture and technologies
Networking solutions and technologies
Server and storage technologies and products
Traffic volumes, topologies, paths, and applications
Customer policies and requirements
Customer business and technical requirements
HP Networking solutions planning and design
These questions help you access whether you are ready to take the exam. Answers to the sample questions are provided at the end of the document. To view sample questions, print or download this page.
Print or download this page.
- View all certifications
- View all certification exams
- View all certification training courses
- Credit for third-party achievements
- Contact ExpertOne
- My ExpertOne portal (Login required)