|| Proctored exam taken at dedicated testing center
||1 hour 45 minutes
- HP ASE - Converged Infrastructure Architect V1 (inactive)
- HP ASE - Cloud Architect V2 (inactive)
- HP ASE - Data Center and Cloud Architect V1 (inactive)
- HP AIS - Converged Infrastructure Integration  (inactive)
- HP ASE - Server Solutions Integrator V8.1
- HP ASE - Data Center and Cloud Architect V1 - upgrade from HP ASE – Converged Infrastructure Architect V1 and HP ASE - Cloud Architect V1 or 2 (inactive)
These recommended courses help you prepare for the exam:
|Additional study materials
Register for this Exam
You will need an HP Learner ID
and a Pearson VUE login and password.
During the exam, you can make specific comments about the exam and items. HP welcomes these comments as part of our continuous improvement process.
No online or hard copy reference material will be allowed at the testing site. This exam may contain beta test items for experimental purposes.
This exam tests that you have a minimally defined mastery level of the HP BladeSystem Networking. It tests that you can identify and describe the networking technologies, concepts, terminology, and components. It also tests that you can setup, configure, and integrate Virtual Connect within a data center network. In addition, it covers your ability to use the appropriate tools to monitor and manage the Converged Infrastructure networking resources.
Who should take this exam?
Although anyone can take the exam, most successful candidates have at least 2 years of real-world experience working with enterprise networks and have taken the recommended training. Successful candidates also prepare for the test in a variety of ways. This guide describes some of these ways and provides references to materials for further preparation.
This exam has 60 questions.
Here are types of questions to expect:
- Pull down menu selection
- Multiple choice (single response)
- Multiple choice (multiple responses)
Tips for taking this exam
Rather than emphasize simple memorization, HP exams attempt to assess whether you have the knowledge and skills that an IT professional requires on the job. Therefore, many test items present a scenario, which outlines a particular environment or problem. Some test items might also include one or more exhibits.
This exam validates that you can successfully perform the following:
Fundamental networking concepts, architectures and technologies
- Identify and describe strategies, technologies, concepts, terminology, and components for network security
•Identify and describe strategies, technologies, concepts, terminology, and components for improving network reliability and performance (i.e. NIC teaming, port aggregation, trunking, QoS)
- Identify and describe strategies, technologies, concepts, terminology, and components for network virtualization (i.e. VLANs, virtual switching)
•Categorize the networking OSI reference model layers
- Identify and describe OSI Layer 2 concepts
- Identify and describe OSI Layer 3 concepts
- Define Ethernet and Fibre Channel terminology and technologies
- Identify benefits and purposes of Ethernet and Fibre Channel concepts and technologies
- Features and benefits of networking convergence (i.e. FCoE, CEE - Converged Enhanced Ethernet)
HP networking products and solutions
- Describe and position the HP networking strategies and solutions
- Identify and compare HP Virtual Connect portfolio offerings
- Define terms that relate to the Virtual Connect (in Ethernet and Fibre Channel environments)
- Identify and describe the features/technologies used by Virtual Connect (FlexNICs, FlexFabric, VLAN tagging, stacking, etc.)
- Describe how to integrate Virtual Connect into data center networks
- Describe the features and functions of Virtual Connect Manager (VCM) and Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager (VCEM)
- Describe the networking related features and functions of HP Insight Software (SIM and Insight Control for vCenter)
- Identify the networking related features and functions of Onboard Administrator
Solution implementation (install, configure, setup, customize, integrate)
- Implement and configure a simple Virtual Connect Ethernet network with multiple uplink ports
- Implement and configure advanced Virtual Connect functionality such as link aggregation groups and shared uplink sets for a Virtual Connect Ethernet network
- Implement and configure a Flex-10 solution using Onboard Administrator and Virtual Connect Manager
- Implement a Virtual Connect Fibre Channel FlexFabric SAN using Virtual Connect Manager
- Configure a Virtual Connect SAN fabric to hot-add and remove Fibre links and to use the Boot from SAN capability
Solution management (administrative and operational tasks)
- Describe strategies for network management
- Describe how to access the appropriate network infrastructure management components
- Use BladeSystem Onboard Administrator
- Use Insight Control
- Use Virtual Connect Manager
- Use HP Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager (VCEM)
These questions help you access whether you are ready to take the exam. Answers to the sample questions are provided at the end of the document. To view sample questions, print or download this page.
Print or download this page.