|| Proctored exam taken at dedicated testing center
||1 hour 50 minutes
These recommended courses help you prepare for the exam
Register for this Exam
You will need an HP Learner ID
and a Pearson VUE login and password.
During the exam, you can make specific comments about the exam and items. HP welcomes these comments as part of our continuous improvement process.
No online or hard copy reference material will be allowed at the testing site. This exam may contain beta test items for experimental purposes.
This exam tests your ability to identify, describe and explain how to install, configure, and manage UD. This includes your ability to tune the solution to the customer environment, run DDMA, Inventory Discovery, Client Discovery and JIT/RT Discovery. It also tests your ability to explain how to use UD diagnostic and use UD diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
Who should take this exam?
This exam is intended for:
Technical Consultants with a minimum of three months’ experience configuring and tuning runs and results of HP Universal Discovery. These individuals should also be concerned with the deployment, configuration and operation of UD to assist
with incident, problem and change management, as well as asset
management, business service management and transformation projects.
The training courses provide a foundation, but you are expected to have experience
This exam has 65 questions.
Here are types of questions to expect:
- Multiple choice (multiple responses)
- Multiple choice (single response)
Tips for taking this exam
This exam will be presented in a single block. You can move from question to question within the block, to skip questions or to change your answers, or both. Once you submit your answers for the block, you cannot return to it to review questions or change your answers.
Take the time to read the entire question and consider all of the options carefully before you answer. If the question indicates that it features an exhibit, study the exhibit and reread the question. Make sure to select the answer that correctly responds to the question that is asked — not simply an answer that includes some correct information.
If the question asks for more than one answer, remember to select each correct answer. You will not receive partial credit for a partially correct answer.
This exam validates that you can successfully perform the following:
Describe HP CMS and UD Business Context and Market Differentiators
- List and identify processes and solutions that use UD and related goals.
- Describe the UD purpose, technical value, and role in a CMS and its business value.
Describe and Articulate HP UD Concepts, Technologies, Tasks, and Related Settings
- Define Agent-based and Agentless Discovery, including credentials.
- Identify and describe Discovery and Integrations, Content Packs, Agents, and Scanners.
- Explain Data Center Discovery (Agent-based and Agentless), Client Discovery (Agent-based), and Just In Time/Real Time Discovery.
- Describe Management Zones.
- Explain Discovery Activities, Jobs, and Adapters.
- Identify and describe UD to Asset Manager Integration.
Explain and Recognize UD Architecture
- List the UD data collection techniques.
- Describe the UD architecture.
- Identify architecture and resources for Management Zones, Discovery Activities, Inventory Discovery, and Client Discovery (components, data flow, and communication protocols).
- Identify and describe UD components: Jobs, Adapters, Scripts, Probe Gateway, Probe Manager, and UCMDB Server.
- Describe the UCMDB Discovery sub-systems.
- Describe the UD Data Flow.
Install, Configure, Setup, and Maintain UD
- Install, configure, and activate the data flow probe.
- Describe the communication protocols for DDMI and DDMA.
Describe Management Zones and Discovery Activities
- Explain how to create Management Zones.
- Describe Discovery Activities.
- Identify and describe OOTB activities provided with Universal Discovery (Infrastructure, Inventory, Database, JavaEE, Custom) and their purposes.
- Explain how to configure a Discovery Activity (Infrastructure, Inventory).
- Determine how to handle potential problems related to Management Zones and Discovery Activities.
- Recognize limitations and restrictions for Management Zones.
- Describe the Discovery Infrastructure Troubleshooter.
Performing DDMA Discovery
- Describe the spiral Discovery process.
- Identify Discovery triggers.
- Explain and contrast trigger and input TQLs.
- Describe DDMA configuration files and resources.
- Define customer domains and explain their purpose.
- Identify allowed statuses for a job.
- Describe the Discovery Control Panel, interpret statistics and results.
- Describe Discovery adapters, adapter management, and related settings.
Performing Inventory Discovery
- Describe Inventory Discovery Software Utilization.
- Identify workflow, steps, and configuration settings and configure Inventory Discovery.
- Identify known limitations.
- Describe how to use the Universal Discovery Scanner Generator to generate scanners and to run the generated scanners.
- Identify components of a scanner and what information it can collect.
- Describe Inventory Discovery by Scanner job.
- Explain how the XML Enricher works.
- Configure Software Utilization.
Identify Inventory Tools
- Identify system requirements and supported platforms for Inventory Tools.
- List Inventory Tools.
- Describe options and best practices to install Inventory Tools.
- Identify capabilities of, and tasks performed by, Inventory Tools.
Performing Client Discovery
- Identify challenges for Client Discovery.
- Describe the UD approach to Client Discovery and how it solves Client Discovery challenges.
- Describe the Client Discovery process, features, and limitations.
- Configure Client Discovery.
- Configure the Call Home feature.
Performing Real Time Discovery (Just In Time JIT)
- Identify the value of RT Discovery and what problems it solves.
- Plan deployment of the UD Passive Probes.
- Configure Passive Probe IP and Port Ranges.
- Configure the RT Discovery Behavior.