|| Proctored exam taken at dedicated testing center
||2 hours 55 minutes
These recommended courses help you prepare for the exam:
Register for this Exam
You will need an HP Learner ID
and a Pearson VUE login and password.
During the exam, you can make specific comments about the exam and items. HP welcomes these comments as part of our continuous improvement process.
No online or hard copy reference material will be allowed at the testing site. This exam may contain beta test items for experimental purposes.
This exam tests your skills on Client Automation Enterprise, CAE Console and administration tools, CAE Agent, managing services deployment options, policy management and patch management, inventory and reporting.
Who should take this exam?
Technical consultants and experienced users of the tool.
This exam has 70 questions.
Here are types of questions to expect:
- Multiple choice (multiple responses)
- Multiple choice (single response)
Tips for taking this exam
You are not required to take the recommended, supported courses; and completion of training does not guarantee that you will pass the exam. HP strongly recommends a combination of training, thorough review of courseware and additional study references, and
sufficient on the job experience prior to taking the exam.
This exam validates that you can successfully perform the following:
Client Automation Enterprise Overview
- Describe the function of CAE in the enterprise and identify its features and components.
- Describe the CAE architecture and infrastructure components and the basics of desired state resolution.
- Identify software prerequisites for CAE and the key components for a basic installation.
- Explain the difference between pull and push style management operations and how to enable them in CAE.
CAE Console and Administration Tools
- Identify and describe the main sections and the configuration and management functions of the CAE Console.
- Explain how to view reports in the CAE Console.
- Describe the Role Based Access Control and Access Features of CAE.
- Define and describe how to create and manage Users, Groups, Roles, and Capabilities within CAE.
- Identify the Administrator Tools available in CAE and explain their function and how to install them.
- Describe the structure of the CSDB and identify the key Domains and Classes.
- Explain what Instances are in the CSDB and describe the key attributes within the Instances.
- Identify Best Practices for maintaining the CSDB in CAE.
- Identify different ways to install the CAE Agent and use the CAE Console to install the CAE Agent.
- Identify the components of the CAE Agent and explain how to configure them.
- Identify the services associated with the CAE Agent on Windows and explain their function.
- Identify the location of key folders, files and objects in the CAE Agent.
- Describe the key objects in the CAE Agent and describe their contents.
Managing Services Deployment Options, Policy Management and Patch Management
- Describe an HPCA service, identify the different types of services and view their properties.
- Assign software to a device and perform notify to install software.
- Identify and describe the different deployment methods and options in CAE.
- Describe the CA service reporting that is available in CAE and be able to view the service reports in the CAE Console.
- Describe how to import and export CA services using the CAE Console and identify Best Practices for managing and deploying CA Services.
- Describe the concepts of Policy Management as it relates to HPCA and identify Best Practices for Policy Management using HPCA.
- Describe the concepts of internal and external policy in CA and explain the differences.
- Describe how to deploy services in the CA Console using both internal and external policy.
- Describe the high-level process and operation for Patch Management in CAE.
- Explain how to assign and deploy the CA services necessary for Patch Vulnerability assessment and how to assign and deploy the patches to remediate vulnerabilities.
- Explain how to view compliance information and the status of patched devices using the CA Console.
Inventory and Reporting
- Describe the mechanism for CA Reporting and Inventory.
- Describe the different types of audits available in CAE and identify the information they provide.
- Describe how to view audited information and how to use filters when viewing reports in the CA Console.
- Explain how to assign and deploy audit services using the CA Console.
Packaging and Publishing
- Describe the basic concepts of packaging and publishing and know the different types of packages and the tools available within HPCA.
- Describe how to package simple applications using the Component Selection Mode of the CA. Publisher and how to package simple applications using the Installation Monitor of the CA Packager.
- Describe how to publish windows installer applications using the CA publisher.
- Describe how to view and modify Windows Installer Features of a published Windows Installer application in the CSDB.
Client Operations Profile
- Describe the concepts of Client Operations Profile in H
- Describe the classes available in the CLIENT domain, and the purpose of those classes.
- Describe how to define agent and server settings in the appropriate classes in the CLIENT domain.
- Identify the location and contents of the COP objects on the client.
- Describe how to install a CA Satellite and understand the differences between the different types of CA Satellites
- Describe the configuration that takes place on the core when a satellite is installed.
- Describe how to perform a CA Satellite synchronization from the core and the satellite.
- Describe how to use command lines to synchronize the CSDB metadata and the data cache.
- Describe how to perform basic CA agent troubleshooting.
- Describe how to locate and search an agent log to identify the source of issues.
- Identify the key agent objects useful for troubleshooting.
- List the common return codes and their meaning.