|Course length||4 days|
|In preparation for these exams||
Selected items from this course are included in these exams:
Register for this course.
Find this course in the Training calendar and click the “Register” link in the last column to begin your registration.
It covers SDN application coding with the available HP Virtual Application Networks (VAN) SDN Controller API’s (REST and Java API’s). You apply the vendor independent knowledge to create SDN applications for the HP VAN SDN Controller. This is done via general application basics, SDN solution design and hands on labs.
This course is approximately 50 percent lecture and 50 percent learning activities.
Who should attend
Network Engineers with some application expertise who want to develop a specific application for their own company to solve a specific networking problem.
- Explain what SDN means, from a technical and business perspective
- Understand SDN use cases
- Explain and understand how OpenFlow is the open-standard transport mechanism used to make SDN possible
- Understand how OpenFlow enables the separation of the control and data planes
- Understand and configure the HP VAN SDN controller
- Understand the basics of building an SDN application, including issues related to devices, controllers, and application types
- Understand how to design an SDN application, including decisions about application type, process of design creation, and examples of successful SDN application designs
- Understand the available APIs for developing applications and the modules that constitute an SDN application, and in-depth walkthroughs of actual SDN applications
- Understand the unique attributes of the HP VAN SDN Controller, and the common attributes shared with other controllers.
How to register
View the HP ExpertOne Global Training Calendar to register for the trainings offering that best meets your needs.
Policies, fees and cancellations
Course fees may vary and are established and collected by the training center delivering the course. Cancellation fees may apply. Contact your HP Authorized Training Partner for their respective policies.
- View all certifications
- View all certification exams
- View all certification training courses
- Credit for third-party achievements
- Contact ExpertOne
- My ExpertOne portal (Login required)