|Course length||4 day(s)|
|In preparation for these exams||
Selected items from this course are included in these exams:
Register for this course.
Find this course in the Training calendar and click the “Register” link in the last column to begin your registration.
This course is approximately 50% lecture and 50% learning activities and hands-on lab exercises.
Who should attend
For complete prerequisites and requirements to achieve any of the related certifications or upgrade paths, see the certification description on the HP ExpertOne website.
- Explain what SDN means, from a technical and a business perspective
- Understand how SDN can be integrated in the HP FlexNetwork Architecture through SDN use cases
- Explain and understand how OpenFlow is the open-standard transport mechanism used for making SDN possible
- Understand how OpenFlow enables the separation of the control and data planes
- Understand the difference between OpenFlow 1.0 and 1.3
- Explain and understand how SDN can enhance the network performance, security and simplification, via applications such as Sentinel
- Understand what it takes to transition from traditional networking to Software-defined Networking
- Install and configure the HP VAN SDN Controller
- Understand and configure how the HP VAN SDN controller communicates with different components, both internal and external to the controller, via secure channels
- Explain the HP VAN SDN Controller RESTful API, including information about RSDoc
- Demonstrate how to use a script to make API calls, focusing on application implementation rather than development of applications
- Configure a controller team to provide high availability in a SDN environment
How to register
View the HP ExpertOne Global Training Calendar to register for the trainings offering that best meets your needs.
Policies, fees and cancellations
Course fees may vary and are established and collected by the training center delivering the course. Cancellation fees may apply. Contact your HP Authorized Training Partner for their respective policies.