|Typical Course length||4 days|
|In preparation for these exams||
Selected items from this course are included in these exams:
Register for this course.
Find this course in the Training calendar and click "Register" to take the course in The Learning Center. Login and Password required.
Who should attend
This course is primarily intended for HP Channel Partners who will service the P6000 EVA.
• Storage Basics for Better TCE
• Storage Change Management • Storage Technologies Web-Based Training (WBT)
• HP StorageWorks Full-Line Technical (WBT)
• Introduction to Storage Area Networks Computer-Based Training (WBT)
M6612/M6625 Disk Drive Enclosure
Cabling and Configurations
Configuration with P6000 SmartStart
P6000 Command View Description
Storage Configuration with P6000 Command View
Host Configuration with P6000 Command View
Storage Monitoring with P6000 Command View
Storage System Scripting Utility
Event Reporting and Notification
Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
• Locate EVA storage system hardware, and set up and operate components of the HSV controller and disk drive enclosure.
• Use the Management Module and its web-based OCP (WOCP) to access storage system management functions.
• Describe the rack models, power cabling, and cabling configurations for both models.
• Describe the features and functions of the initial storage and host configuration software called HP P6000 SmartStart.
• Use HP P6000 SmartStart to initially configure storage and hosts for the P6000 EVAs.
• Identify the features and functions of HP P6000 Command View.
• Describe how to configure and monitor storage and hosts with HP P6000 Command View.
• Use HP P6000 Command View to configure and monitor storage and hosts.
• Describe best practices for configuring the EVA with optimization for availability, performance, or cost.
• Identify features and functions of the Storage System Scripting Utility (SSSU) and use the utility to configure storage and hosts.
• Describe the event reporting and notification mechanisms used to support the EVA. • Open and view various event logs.
• Describe basic and advanced diagnostic sources and how to use those tools to troubleshoot the EVA.
• Identify customer self repair (CSR) components and follow procedures to remove and replace components.
How to register
Click on this link to register for this course: http://h20507.www2.hp.com/Saba/loginAsUser.jsp?deepLinkName=CourseDetail&deepLinkParams=courseId=00422254
Policies, fees and cancellations
Cancellation fees may apply. Contact your HP Authorized Training Center or HP Education Services for their respective policies.
Course fees may vary and are established and collected by the training center delivering the course.
- View all certifications
- View all certification exams
- View all certification training courses
- Credit for third-party achievements
- Contact ExpertOne
- My ExpertOne portal (Login required)