|Course length||4 hours|
|In preparation for these exams||
Selected items from this course are included in these exams:
Take this course.
Find this course in The Learning Center. Login and password required.
This course covers the security landscape, basic Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) and Security Management System (SMS) installation, configuration and operation. It covers basic and advanced troubleshooting and diagnostics, focusing on commonly seen issues. You will learn about the user interface and common administrative tasks.
Who should attend
HP employees and partners who sell, maintain and troubleshoot network solutions based on HP Networking S-Series products in large enterprise environments, including Sales Associates, Sales Engineers, Network Engineers, Network Administrators, Network Technicians, Security Administrators, Systems Engineers, System Administrators, Network Security Strategies and Planning Architects
For complete prerequisites and requirements to achieve any of the related certifications or upgrade paths, see the certification description on the HP ExpertOne website.
After completing this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Understand and describe the architecture of the IPS
- Install and configure a TippingPoint IPS
- Complete CLI and webbased management tasks for an IPS, including OBE (out of box experience), and System updates (Digital Vaccines, TOS updates)
- Perform basic IPS administration
- Perform basic filter management (Traffic Thresholds and Baselines, Rate-Limiting P2P and other misuse traffic, Traffic Management filter configuration, Advanced Distributed Denial of Service, Action Set and Notification Contact configuration )
- Understand and describe the architecture of the SMS
- Utilize the SMS client and CLI to install, configure and manage an SMS
- Use the SMS to manage multiple IPS's
- Update Digital Vaccine and TOS
- Understand the basic reporting capabilities of an SMS
- Understand the update capabilities of an SMS
- Understand security profiles configuration and distribution
- View all certifications
- View all certification exams
- View all certification training courses
- Credit for third-party achievements
- Contact ExpertOne
- My ExpertOne portal (Login required)