Become a board certified, recognized leader in the IT industry
This certification validates that you can expertly present, architect and oversee (at every level) the implementation of a highly effective converged infrastructure and cloud solution. This includes both business and technical knowledge and experience.
This certification is designed for a very elite group of top professionals across the globe. It signals that you are most highly qualified to do the following:
- Lead an organization's data center transformation.
- Design and drive the development, specification and communication of the architecture plans.
- Select and recommend the appropriate components, technologies and products.
- Set the strategy for enterprise information across the new infrastructure.
- Effectively participate in business transformation projects.
- Identify opportunities to provide innovative solutions.
- Communicate with high level decision makers.
- Position and sell HP Helion data center and cloud solutions, based on the business value the proposed solution will deliver.
See the Learning and Experience Guide (1.39MB, PDF) for more information on the skills and knowledge requirements and how to acquire these skills if necessary.
Typical candidates for this certification are HP partner, employee or customer technical integration professionals who have a minimum of ten years experience in enterprise level infrastructure design. Typical candidates often hold any of the following job roles or certifications:
- IT architect/ Enterprise architect
- Principal technology consultant
- HP ExpertOne certified professional with a current ASE or Master ASE
Steps to acquire this certification
Before you begin:
Step 1: Verify prerequisite knowledge and experience
No formal prerequisite certifications are required. However, you should have the following:
- Very strong management level presentation skills together with exceptional business skills.
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework), or similar certification, or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical background in IT technologies, including (but not exclusive to) servers, storage, networking, management and software, power & cooling, data centers, virtualization, and cloud computing
- Technology and design expertise in data centers.
- Presales experience in competitive data center or cloud computing environments or both. This includes the ability to design cost effective data center solutions, size solutions, develop proposals and proof of concepts, manage resources to implement a solution, coordinate technical and business resources, and lead change efforts and governance processes.
- Experience and knowledge with HP Converged Infrastructure and its related technologies. This includes (but not exclusive to) Flex Fabric, Smart Grid, OneView, and others.
- Familiarity with the business value tools (TCO/ROI), HP Power Advisor, and Simple Configurator or Sales Builder for Windows.
Step 2: Purchase and complete application and provide professional reference
Your application requirements are:
- Identify a person HP can contact as a reference to validate your experience scoping and designing data center and cloud solutions. Your reference cannot be a relative or a person in your company who reports to you.
- Provide a non-refundable payment of US$200 and submit the application.
- Receive formal acceptance from HP to participate as a candidate for the certification.
NOTE: As part of your application, you will be asked to provide specific information to help HP evaluate your application, such as certifications you hold and your HP Converged Infrastructure, data center, and cloud knowledge and experience. You will also be asked to provide contact information for the reference you designate. Your designated reference is required to complete and return a short email survey to validate your experience and suitability for this certification.
You will receive notification approximately two weeks after the application deadline. If approved, you will receive a Candidate Acceptance Packet containing detailed information and instructions for participating in the certification and fulfilling the certification requirements.
Step 3: Register for this certification in The Learning Center
Step 4: Take and pass the following entrance exam
Training is highly recommended to pass these exams. Training will help you focus on increasing your effectiveness within customer engagement scenarios. In addition, it should increase your chances of preparing a convincing presentation that will pass the board review exams.
|00936427||Designing HP Data Center and Cloud Solutions, Rev. 14.43||14.43||ILT, VILT*||3 days|
Step 5: Take the board review exam
HP0-D19: create a data center and cloud business solution and present to the board.
The skills required, as listed in the Ideal Candidate section, will be validated during the board review. Before you attempt the final board review exam, be sure you have the listed prerequisite skills and experience. You also need the ability to present and explain your solution to the highest level of management, and sell a complete data center and cloud solution, based on the business value it will deliver, while relating the customer's business problems to IT solutions.
Training is highly recommended to pass this exam. Training will help you focus on increasing your effectiveness within customer engagement scenarios. In addition, it should increase your chances of preparing a convincing presentation that will pass the board review exams.
|00908011||Architecting HP Data Center and Cloud Solutions, Rev. 14.41||14.41||ILT, VILT*||2 days|
Suggested learning path and experience: Learning and Experience Guide (1.39MB, PDF)
- View all certifications
- View all certification exams
- View all certification training courses
- Credit for third-party achievements
- Contact ExpertOne
- My ExpertOne portal (Login required)
More about this certification
A Win – Win Approach interactive brochure
2015 Key Dates
- Application (See Step 2 before you access)
- Contact us