HP ASE - Network Architect V1
This certification validates that you can work on traditional network designs and integrate those designs into a flatter, simpler network that supports virtualized, converged, and cloud environments. It also verifies that you can design open, standards based, enterprise level networks that are secure, future ready, and capable of endless IT innovations including the following:
- Cloud services
- Software defined networks
- Seamless, bring your own device (BYOD) mobile access with integrated wired and wireless networks
Why earn this certification?
- To demonstrate your ability to validate business requirements and translate them into highly scalable custom network designs.
- To position yourself as a knowledgeable expert who can architect forward thinking networking solutions and help organizations create future ready, virtualized cloud environments.
- To be part of a community of certified professionals for ongoing networking expertise.
- To enhance your career advancement and job satisfaction as a certified expert.
Typical candidates for this certification are networking IT professionals with three to five years experience designing and architecting complex enterprise level networks. It is also beneficial to be familiar with server and storage network related technologies.
Steps to acquire this certification
Before you begin:
Step 1: Do you qualify for an upgrade path?
- HP ASE - Network Architect V1 - upgrade from Cisco, H3CSE, or ASE previous versions
- HP ASE - Network Architect V1 - upgrade from ASE - HP ProCurve Campus LANs and HP APP - Enterprise Networking 
- HP ASE - Network Architect V1 - upgrade from HP ASE - Network Infrastructure , HP ASE - Wireless Networks  or HP ASE - Wireless Networks Implementer V1
Step 2: Register or apply for this certification
Step 3: Verify or complete prerequisites
You must have the following prerequisites to move to Step 4:
You must have obtained 1 of the following
- HP ATP - FlexNetwork Solutions V2
- HP AIS - Network Infrastructure  (inactive)
- HP ATP - FlexNetwork Solutions V1
Step 4: Complete recommended training (Optional)
Training is highly recommended to pass each exam. Training is not required, but it will help prepare you for the exams and increase your chances of passing the exams.
|Course #||Course Name||Typical Duration||Format||Register for course|
|Training for Exam HP0-Y43: Implementing HP Network Infrastructure Solutions|
|00244967||HP Internet and WAN Technologies, Rev. 10.41||4 hours||WBT||Take Course|
|00239843||HP Switching and Routing Technologies, Rev. 10.41||4 hours||WBT||Take Course|
|00646332||HP Core/Distribution Network Technologies using ProVision Software, Rev. 10.41||4 days||ILT||Register|
|00646344||HP Core/Distribution Network Technologies using Comware Software, Rev. 11.41||5 days||ILT||Register|
|00239878||HP Network Infrastructure Security Technologies, Rev. 10.41||4 hours||WBT||Take Course|
|00243555||Implementing HP Network Infrastructure Security, Rev. 10.41||2 days||ILT||Register|
|00646351||Accelerated HP Core/Distribution Layer Network Technologies, Rev. 11.41||5 days||ILT||Register|
|Training for Exam HP0-Y45: Architecting HP Network Solutions|
|00683606||Architecting Open Standards HP Network Solutions, Rev. 13.11||5 days||ILT||Register|
WBT = Web Based ILT = Instructor Led VILT = Virtual Instructor Led VCR - Virtual Class Recorded SCA = Special Course or Activity
Step 5: Pass the required exams
Requirement 1 - complete 1 of the following exams:
|Exam #||Exam name||Register for exam|
|HP0-Y43||Implementing HP Network Infrastructure Solutions||Register|
Requirement 2 - complete 1 of the following exams:
You will receive an email notification 2-5 days after successfully completing all requirements. In addition, your status in The Learning Center will change to "acquired". Track your training and certification progress through your transcripts in The Learning Center.
- View all certifications
- View all certification exams
- View all certification training courses
- Credit for third-party achievements
- Contact ExpertOne
- My ExpertOne portal (Login required)