HP ASE – SDN Application Developer V1
This certification validates that you can do the following:
- Understand the SDN environment including SDN application use cases, the OpenFlow standard, the HP VAN SDN Controller, and OpenFlow enabled switches
- Design an application with SDN, including decisions about application type and process of design creation; and understand examples of successful SDN-enabled applications
- Build an SDN application with the HP VAN SDN Controller services and functionality
- Create and set up an SDN development environment, including installation and setup of the HP VAN SDN Controller, HP SDN SDK, and other useful tools and resources
- Choose from the selection of APIs to meet application objectives
- Write, test, and debug an SDN application with the HP VAN SDN Controller and OpenFlow enabled switches
Why earn this certification?
- To show your proven capabilities to shape the future of networking and monetize the potential of SDN with effective applications
- To be recognized as a leader in one of the most exciting and disruptive networking or IT technologies
- To verify your understanding of the SDN environment including use cases, OpenFlow and the HP VAN SDN Controller
- To position yourself as an expert in developing new or improving existing applications to capitalize on an SDN environment
Typical candidates for this certification are experienced application developers, preferably Java based, with some knowledge of networking functions or networking professionals with one or more years of application development experience.
Steps to acquire this certification
Before you begin:
Step 1: Do you qualify for an upgrade path
There are no upgrade paths available for this certification. Move to step 2.
Step 2: Register or apply for this certification
Step 3: Verify or complete prerequisites
There are no prerequisites for this certification. Move to Step 4.
Step 4: Complete recommended training (optional) and pass the required exams
Training is highly recommended to pass each exam. Training will help you prepare for the exams and increase your chances of passing the exams.
You will receive an email notification 2-5 days after successfully completing all requirements. In addition, your status in The Learning Center will change to "acquired." Track your training and certification progress through your transcripts in The Learning Center.
Fast Track for HP Networking brochure